I wanted to make blueberry muffins and I didn't have enough blueberries for the amount of muffin mix I made, but I had two punnets of raspberries, and I am so so glad I put the raspberries in instead, these muffins came out so sweet, you need to make them.
They are vegan, so easy to make and so so sweet. :)
1 cup plant milk (I'm using Alpro Almond and Coconut)
The juice from half a lemon
2 cups plain flour (I'm using Rye flour)
2.5 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup coconut sugar + 2 tablespoons (or brown sugar)
1/4 cup melted coconut oil + 2 tablespoons
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large lemon, zested
2 cups raspberries
2 teaspoon of cinnamon (put in less if you like, I just love cinnamon :) )
1. Preheat oven to 180C/375F. Line your muffin tin with papers, if using.
2. In a small bowl, add lemon juice to milk and stir. Let sit for a few minutes.
3. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. Add sugar, coconut oil, lemon zest and vanilla to the the milk.
5. Add the liquid to the dry mixture and stir gently to combine - don't over mix or you'll make your muffins tough. Gently fold through raspberries.
6. Spoon mixture into muffin tins - I like to fill to the top so they rise and get a crisp top. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
I hope you make these simple muffins and please let me know if you do.
Thank you all for the continued support.
Lots of LOVE,