These muffins are absolutely delicious, I used to make these every Sunday, they were always mine and everyone else's favourite. The are so sweet and delicious, and at their best when they are hot out of the oven
What you'll need:
2 cups all-purpose flour (I am using Rye flour)
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 eggs, lightly beaten or to make vegan use 2 flax eggs
2 tablespoons of milk (I am using almond milk)
1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups peeled chopped apples (Granny Smith apples work great, but I'm using the apples from our garden)
1/3 cup of coconut palm sugar or light brown sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter
1. Preheat oven to 180C/375F. Line your muffin tin with muffin cases.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In another bowl, stir together the melted coconut oil and the sugar. Stir in the eggs or flax eggs and add in the milk.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry mixture and stir gently to combine - don't over mix or you'll make your muffins tough.
5. Gently fold in the chopped apples.
6. Spoon mixture into muffin tins - I like to fill to the top so they rise and get a crisp top. Sprinkle the crumb over the batter in the muffin tin.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
I hope you make these simple muffins and please let me know if you do.
Thank you all for the continued support.
Lots of LOVE,
Anna B xo